Working in the Office of the Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner
The Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) is supported by a dedicated team of experienced officers whose role it is to support the Police & Crime Commissioner in delivering her policy priorities. You can find out more about the team in the office here.
The OSPCC follows the same employment procedures as Sussex Police.
All current vacancies will appear on this page.
Executive Support Manager (maternity cover)
The Office of the Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner are looking for an Executive Support Manager to cover a period of maternity leave starting in January 2019.
The Executive Support Manager is the lead support to the Police & Crime Commissioner, Chief Executive and Chief Finance Officer and in addition is responsible for managing the provision of all support functions to the Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner including liaison with the Landlord, building maintenance, IT provisions and support, Health & Safety compliance and finance arrangements.
This position is also responsible for a small team of Correspondence and Admin Support Officers and has an oversight of all public correspondence received by the PCC.
- To provide a first class professional, efficient and effective executive management support service to the Police & Crime Commissioner and Executive Management Team by carrying out tasks that are primary and secondary research, policy or administrative related to enable them to function efficiently and effectively, these will include; preparing confidential correspondence to key internal and external stakeholders, producing briefing reports, speeches and presentations, providing attendance and support at meetings, diary management, executive support, arranging travel and accommodation needs, processing and publishing expenses.
- To line manage and support the Correspondence Officers, Interns and other temporary project staff as required allocating incoming requests and queries, prioritising actions and monitoring team resource
- To lead on the provisions for maintaining the PCC office including lead for ICT provisions for all staff; managing upgrades and procurement of new systems, ensuring Health & Safety arrangements are in place and compliant, lead on all finance administration including maintaining and reviewing all contracts and subscriptions, lead for business continuity planning and user liaison with the landlord and suppliers to research the procurement of goods and services, including office improvement plans.
- Responsible for managing concerns and complaints from senior stakeholders and the public on behalf of the PCC.
Skills & Experience
Extensive experience supporting managers at an executive level in an organisation.
- Experience preparing documentation, including briefing reports, presentations and speeches for staff at an executive level.
- Proven experience of working in a governance or complaints handling environment within the public sector or equivalent organisation.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and make decisions.
- Experience of office management including maintaining supplies, liaising with maintenance and landlords.
- Supervisory experience, managing workloads and performance of a team of people.
Vacancy Type: Police Staff
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours: Full Time
Grade / Rank: SPA11
Salary: £31,365 - £34,785
Closing Date: 14-Oct-2018
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Gina Wheatley on 01273 481559 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be Sunday 14 October. Interview will take place during week commencing 24 October and there may also be a requirement to attend an informal meeting with the Police & Crime Commissioner.
To apply for this position please click here.
Independent Custody Visitors (ICV's) - Brighton & Crawley (volunteer)
We are currently recruiting volunteers in the Brighton and Crawley areas to become part of our Independent Custody Visitor (ICV) Scheme. You can find more information here.