Working in the Office of the Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner
The Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) is supported by a dedicated team of experienced officers whose role it is to support the Police & Crime Commissioner in delivering her policy priorities. You can find out more about the team in the office here.
The OSPCC follows the same employment procedures as Sussex Police.
All current vacancies will appear on this page.
Fixed Term Contract – 2 Years
Salary - £37,563 - £41,000
Supported by the Head of Partnerships to manage, develop and deliver the agreed strategic partnerships across Sussex opportunities involving the OPCC at a regional and local level in Sussex. This will involve engagement and relationship management with key partners with involvement of the Sussex Criminal Justice Board (SCJB), Community Safety Partnerships(CSP’s), Sussex Restorative Justice Partnerships (SRJP) and others including the business sector, voluntary sector, relevant government departments and agencies to achieve the best support in delivering the Police and Crime priorities.
- To co-ordinate and manage the agreed partnership and collaboration operating model across Sussex maintaining working relationships with representatives of all relevant agencies and services concerned with the delivery of criminal justice, community safety and crime reduction and identify ways in which they are best able to support the delivery of the Sussex Police and Crime Plan.
- Help the Head of Partnerships to develop the partnership and collaboration strategy to ensure compliance with the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 which imposes (S17) imposes duties to prevent crime and disorder in areas, additionally the Ministry of Justice Restorative Justice Action Plan and advise the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), OSPCC CEO on priority areas.
- Manage and coordinate partnerships specifically the existing thirteen (13) Community Safety Partnerships (CSP’s), Sussex Restorative Justice Partnership (SRJP) and programme of work associated with each area.
- Develop a lean and agile methodology to manage the breadth and extensive range of partnership activity across Sussex to ensure work is prioritised escalating issues and risks to the Head of Partnerships when necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to inform, advise, negotiate and influence at all levels, including senior colleagues.
- Pro-active, self-disciplined approach to tasks with the ability to be flexible and work to tight timescales with minimum management direction.
- Ability to manage, motivate and also work as part of a team.
For an informal conversation about this role please contact John Willett, Head of Partnerships at email@example.com or 01273 481582.
We value people's differences and are committed to reflecting the communities we serve in our workforce.
This position is for a fixed-term contract for 2 years. The closing date for applications is Friday 9 March.
To apply please click here.